We offer a free home survey, design & quote service:
1) Following an initial conversation with us we will happily arrange for a surveyor to visit you at your home, at a date and time that's convenient with yourself.
2) After this has been scheduled we will always confirm your appointment in writing, by letter and automated e-mail.
3) We will never arrive at your home unannounced. All our surveyors will contact you directly before your appointment date to formally introduce themselves and for your reassurance and safety, all members of our surveying team carry photographic identity cards.
When we visit you at home, we'll begin by:
1) Telling you a little more about our company and how we work.
2) We'll ask you about your project, what you'd like to achieve and find out more about your own ideas and preferences.
3) We'll take the time to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
4) We'll take a look at your project area together before carefully measuring up so that we can provide you with an idea of cost on site.
5) If you're happy with everything that we have discussed, and depending on the type of work involved, we may invite you to visit our bathroom showroom. Alternatively we may proceed directly to creating a fully detailed quote and itemised breakdown. Similarly, if our service is not for you, you'll never be pressured to proceed to the next step.
Visiting our showroom
If your project takes the form of a bathroom refurbishment or adaptation then we’ll invite you to our showroom, location in Wortley, Leeds. At the visit:
1) You'll have time to explore the wide range of designs and styles that our More Bathrooms & More Ability brands have offer with the added benefit of 'try before you buy'.
2) Your surveyor & designer, will be on hand to help and advise you on our full range of products.
3) During your visit you can finalise all your product choices; from choosing your statement features and key fixtures to hand selecting your finishing touches and accessories.
4) Once you have chosen your products, we will provide you with a detailed quotation and a 3D (CAD - Computer Aided Design) diagram of your new bathroom or shower room, inclusive of all your choices to help you visualise your design.
Some projects require in-depth planning, architects drawings & regulatory approval.
1) If your project takes the form of an extension or conversion, it will be necessary to have plans drawn up, for regulatory approval, and to allow us to accurately estimate the cost of your project.
2) If you don’t have these already, don’t worry. We use a selection of trusted architects, who will work with you, as the customer, and us, as the builder, producing plans and drawings that will enable us to quote.
3) You may have to go through, and be granted, planning permission, if you are adding to your home. In partnership with your architect, we will support you in completing your planning application, so that work can commence without any unnecessary delays.
4) Some works may not require planning permission, but will still need building regulation approval – we can help you with this also and liaise with the relevant authorities if required.
5) Building regulations may also be necessary for some smaller projects including electrical works, the fitting of windows & doors and any gas appliance as well as changes to your drainage system. In most cases, as a registered company, we can self-certify such work through the regulatory bodies' self-certification schemes.
We believe it's important for you to fully understand the scope of work and what’s involved.
1) Once everyone is in agreement of the specifics, and the plans & architects drawings have been approved (if applicable) we will create you a fully detailed quote with itemised breakdown.
2) This quotation will cover everything with an associated cost so you know exactly what you’re paying for and what’s involved in the project.
3) Detailed quotations are only finalised documents once you sign your order; so if on second thoughts you want to change something or take it out completely, you can.
Confirming your order for your new project couldn't be simpler.
1) Once you have received your detailed quotation, the next step is to complete the order form and return this back to us, either by post, in person or by email.
2) We will then contact you to discuss any final points that may need to be ironed out; this tends to occur with large scale building projects whereby the building manager may wish to meet you on site.
3) We offer a 14 day reflection period across all our service areas, however big or small.
4) Due to the complexity of larger projects we issue a 'small works plain English contract', endorsed by the Federation of Master Builders. This offers complete peace of mind to all involved.
1) Following the reflection period, if you're ready to get things moving, we'll let our installations department know of your order and arrange a start date.
2) The installations department will give you a call regarding a 'week commencing' start date which we will also confirm in writing.
3) The week before installations will call again with an exact date for the works to start, you will also receive confirmation of this in writing.
4) On the day of which the works are due to start your multi-skilled installer, and or building team, will arrive at your property and begin the home improvement works.
5) While the works are ongoing we ensure we will clean the area in which we are working, removing any rubbish and tidy away all tools each day. We will never leave your property without a working toilet and will stay on your job until it is finished.
Note: we only ever sub contract specialist works; however we manage these people with the same care and attention to detail and have worked closely with them for a number of years.